One found guilty at trial has a right to appeal the conviction. An appeal is not a new trial; rather it is the review of the preserved trial record by a court higher (appellate court) to determine whether there were errors during the motions hearing and/or trial than unfairly and materially contributed to the unfavorable outcome. If the appellate court finds that sufficient error occurred, the conviction may be vacated, or a new trial may be ordered. If one is in custody after conviction and sentencing, an appeal bond must be posted in order to remain at liberty pending the outcome of the appeal.


> Back to Criminal Court Proceedings

back to top
Please take a moment to review our disclaimer page.

Garlin Driscoll, LLC

245 Century Circle, Suite 101
Louisville, Colorado 80027
p 303.926.4222
f 303.926.4224